Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Responsibility of Teaching.

I was reading the book of James. Chapter 3:1 says, Brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers. You know that those who teach will be judged more severely.
A sobering thought to one whose heart is burdened for those with little or no knowledge of Truth. To present knowledge of the Father God, who wants His children to enter fully into His family of believers entails an understanding of the Father’s heart. It is a question of praying to my Father, when I say Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
What an awesome responsibility, in the knowledge that My Redeemer lives, as is proclaimed by Job in Job 19:25, and to earnestly desire others to have the same assurance.
My walk with the Lord has included the navigation of some by-ways, and I wonder what harm can I have done in discussions, during my search for Truth, on subjects such as re-incarnation, hypnosis, psychic phenomena, the third eye, and other dangerously explored subjects. My Lord kept me on strong elastic and never allowed me to stray too far into false teachings, always drawing me back, but yet using my knowledge of them to boost my understanding of the real Truth, Jesus Christ, the One who paid the price for me in agony.
If, when we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to Him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life? Romans 5:10
But – because Jesus lives forever, He has a permanent priesthood. Hebrews 7:24
What does that mean? What is priesthood in the Bible? A priest intercedes to God on behalf of wrongdoers.
Therefore He, (Jesus), is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them. Hebrews 7:25
In the knowledge of that intercession, I have the confidence to keep on keeping on, and proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ, the Way, the Truth and the Life. John 14:6. That is a teaching worth responding to! 

No comments: