Sunday, January 23, 2011

JEHOVAH NISSI. Jehovah our banner.

Jehovah our banner.

What does it mean to say Jehovah, our Banner?
God’s instruction to the 10 tribes of Israel was that each would make a banner, or raise a standard, to identify them. In a war situation, each of the opposing sides identifies themselves by their banner, raised up at the head of the battle lines.
We are engaged in battle, a battle to the death, and our enemy prowls about like a lion, seeking to devour us. We need to raise our banner, and proclaim our victory in Jesus Christ who has fought and won.
Have you noticed the stealth of a lion, stalking his prey? He hides his evil intent in whatever camouflage he can make use of. He scans the scenery, knows the habitat, and has checked out the lifestyle of his target.
Psalm 34:10 tells us, The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

Some time ago I wrote to a beloved son, fighting one of the favourite tools of satan, alcohol. Proverbs 23 gives wise words on the subject, and I continue to lift my hands before the Lord, and proclaim victory in Jesus.

Whatever our weakness, the “Achilles heel” that satan will use to try and take us off track, it can be negated by our raising of the banner.

Psalm 34:17 gives a promise we can rest in. The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles.
We need to be found in His righteousness by allowing Him control in our lives, and He will be our Banner!
Be blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!!! I have asked this son of yours how he feels about facing the community after this terribly false accusation! .... His reply: "Mom, I don't care, I know I did not do it. I don't know if someone is talking behind my back but I don't think so. My friends are on my side and I know you and dad are too"!..... Mother of this 11year old boy was left speechless....this 11 year old boy of hers is not a "jelly fish" without guts or backbone! He is a son of the KING of KINGS!!! .... Mothers! NEVER stop asking your mothers who stands firm in the LORD to "PLEASE PRAY"!!!! .... my nose burn, my eyes still full of tears and I have a feeling in my heart that I cant explain in words. Could this be a shattered heart? God answered all our prayers, HE opened someones heart for discussion, we met somewhere in private and this person took me to a church named after Jesus's birth country. The Holy Spirit was present all the time!! This man gave more than 3 hours of his personal time to read and listen. Jesus is alive!!! Alive for evermore!!! I have hope again! Still very emotional but so relieved! Thank you mother of mine for the praying,editing,loving,encouraging,supporting plus all the other "ings" and most of all SHIGGAIONING!! Love you so very much..... to everyone that does not know detail but prayed regardless, dont ever stop! Our son's name and our family name in the community is not well spoken of at the moment but in Heaven angels rejoice. Blessings to you all! Ephesians 6!