Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Seek Wisdom, Listen to Words of Insight.

Proverbs 5:21-23
For a man’s ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all his paths. The evil deeds of a wicked man ensnare him; the cords of sin hold him fast. He will die for lack of discipline, led astray by his own great folly. (NIV)

A good friend was brought to a saving knowledge of the Lord through Proverbs 5. He told me of swimming far out to sea one day, and crying out, “God, if you are real, show me.” Nothing happened that he could recognise, but some time later, a Bible was given to him. Reading the Book of Matthew he gave it back and said, “Is there no wisdom in this book. It is just genealogy here.” The man returned the Bible to him and asked him to read the Book of Proverbs, He got to Chapter 5 and said, “This is a God I can follow!”
In Sweden, a secular country, I met a professor of Muslim background, who told me of his conversion through the Book of Proverbs. He said that the wisdom he found there led him to read the whole Bible, and he had to believe what it taught. I have since spoken to several others who have been challenged by this book, and been led to learn more.
Billy Graham is quoted as saying he reads a chapter of the Book of Proverbs every day, and for many months I have done the same. I challenge YOU to try it, and see if the knowledge you gain will lead you to a closer walk with the Lord. 31 chapters are easy to keep track of!
Be blessed by wisdom!

No comments: