Saturday, January 15, 2011

Psalm 40:4

I received a text message today, one that I deleted and whose "instructions" I ignored. I am sure you have all received, and maybe even sent one or two, just in case it might work! They ask you not to break the prayer chain. They give words of blessing, and say you will be blessed by good fortune of one kind or another if you respond within 4 minutes, or 24 hours, or whatever. They tell you to forward to 4 or 10 or 12 others, in order that you will receive your blessing.
What utter balderdash!
Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
My God blesses me every single moment of every single day, and gives no instructions regarding my response. Him, and Him only will I worship and trust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh yes - those drive me crazy too - I agree - absolute rubbish - when you are His,there is no other option than favour and blessing - yay!!