Saturday, December 10, 2011

Writing Encouragement

Preparation for our monthly Writer’s Group meeting is completed, and as always the Lord’s guidance was needed. I am constantly aware of our need to commit our all to Him, and the choice for our devotional confirmed this.
I am completely discouraged – I lie in the dust. Revive me by your Word. I told you my plans and you replied. Now give me your instructions. Make me understand what you want; for then I shall see your miracles. I weep with grief; my heart is heavy with sorrow; encourage and cheer me with your words. Keep me far from every wrong; help me, undeserving as I am, to obey your laws, for I have chosen to do right. I cling to your commands and follow them as closely as I can. Lord, don’t let me make a mess of things. If you will only help me to want your will, then I will follow your laws even more closely. Psalm 119:25.32 TLB.
Sometimes we are bound to be discouraged by our writing problems. They creep up on us unawares, and no matter how keen we are, the days arrive when either the tide or the time is against us. The tide washes flotsam and jetsam our way, and frustrations arise; doubts in our abilities, questions about being in God’s will, criticisms that make us stumble, and, you name it, you know the sorts of things that happens. And of course time is always a piece of popular procrastination reasoning. It is not there for our convenience, it is there to use conveniently, and that means fitting our priorities into our time.
Having gone through the ‘nanowrimo’ project, I can speak with a little more authority on the need for personal accountability, so this passage will be a constant prayer.
Having got the Writer’s Group going, I am wondering about taking on another challenge – one more Writers Blog! Anyone else interested in joining in, to connect with each other and share news and views? Come, Glorify the Lord with Me!
May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by His grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word. (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 NIV)

No comments: