Saturday, July 7, 2012

THE LIVING WORD

The reason I know the Bible is alive is not just because it tells me so, (Hebrews 4:10 & 2 Timothy 3:16) but because it proves itself, and challenges in a living way. On the verge of starting our travels, and still with many uncertainties ahead, although I have been a little stressed about the ‘doings’ that are necessary before a trip, I have had peace about the actual ‘beings’ – where we will be, how we will get there, who we will be with, etc. So I started to feel guilty! Was I placing too much reliance on God’s provision and taking Him for granted? Should I have considered a Plan B? Or even a distinct Plan A? Was I really trusting, or being a hypocrite in hope? Then my morning reading from Daily Light brought me back to reality. No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 1 Corinthians 10:13 Indeed, His grace is sufficient for me, for His power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9 So satan had his try, but I am back standing on the promises of God my Saviour. And I have asked Him for a chance each day to share my faith, and tell what God has done.

No comments: