Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Giving up or Giving in!

Many of us I am sure have looked at Philippians 3:14 at the beginning of this new year, and decided to follow the lead given by Paul. Brothers and sisters, I can't consider myself a winner yet. This is what I do: I don't look back, I lengthen my stride, and I run straight toward the goal to win the prize that God's heavenly call offers in christ Jesus. God's Word. Yet, if I look back, I see God's provision, so when I look forward I can trust that he will continue to provide. Therefore I run with confidence into an unknown future, knowing that I am not alone. I would love to see round the corner and have an idea of what awaits for I know that the changes will be monumental, but where would my trust be if I knew every detail? How would my faith be fed if I could see a preview of the future? I have to follow Paul's further instruction, and be Joyful. The Lord is near. Never worry about anything, but in every situation let God know what I need in prayers and requests while giving thanks. Then God's peace which goes beyond anything we can imagine, will guard my thoughts and emotions through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6,7) No, I can't consider myself a winner yet, but I am surely going to keep on keeping on - in His grace.

No comments: