Saturday, October 1, 2011

Running the Race.

It is a matter of self discipline, an area where I have difficulty, and where I battle to sort out priorities. This morning I asked the Lord to direct me, and to rebuke or confront me in those areas where I am failing Him. If I need to be challenged or reminded - a constant necessity - then I wait His guidance. In my book, it is an encouragement even to receive censure for then I know He hears and responds. I want to know I am in His service and that He still has something for me to do, weak and wilful though I am with my own agenda. I reviewed my plans and asked for His leading, then turned to my Daily Light reading. I might have guessed! The lead verse was from Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is …patience.

It was followed by: Everyone who competes in the game goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:25-27.

 If I have that right my responsibility is to get on with the important things in life today – preparation for Writer’s Club meeting, following instructions regarding our Church web-site, preparation for Cell Group meeting, being light and salt to those around me, keeping my house in order, sharing this insight with my Blog readers , getting in touch with family with answers to queries they have laid before me, contacting those friends and family who think I don’t care, oh, and planning meals, shopping, fulfilling an urgent  order for rusks  … I forgot to ask my Lord for order of action! Isn’t life wonderful? Certainly never boring, and the Lord’s sense of humour keeps us on our toes! Running!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

No comments: