Tuesday, April 24, 2012

At first when I heard his words I didn’t understand. I tucked them away in the back of my mind, but today they surfaced again. It was something Derek Prince said years ago that today made sense. “I would prefer some Christians not to pray for me!” Having been asked to pray a specific prayer, I couldn’t do it! In prayer, I was reminded of Jeremiah and his words in Chapter 29, verses 11 & 12. They were written to the exiles in Babylon to encourage them in their situation, and to give them assurance that The Lord was aware of their condition. I believe that just as the Lord is the same yesterday, today, and for ever, so His Word speaks to us in all the aspects of our lives, today, tomorrow, and forever... “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to give you hope and a future …” I am challenged afresh by the height and depth and length and width of God’s love, which is portrayed throughout His precious Word. Our hope is built on Jesus Christ and His love and faithfulness. Our future extends to eternity, and those whose learning has not extended to embrace this concept are inclined to make demands focussed on the present. My intercessory prayers may not be understood by those who pray with me, but the basic is that God’s will be done – for it is not His will that any should be lost – eternity awaits, stretching out, and only good is there for those who embrace it. I have learned not to make demands. The name it and claim it part of my learning was a step, and when God’s answer is “No” or “Wait” I can accept it as part of His good and perfect will and plan for His precious children. So when you pray for me, pray that I can rest wholly in Him, being equipped, supported and guided by the Power that raised Jesus from the dead. Amen.

No comments: