Tuesday, April 3, 2012

In His Will

Praying for a dear friend in difficult circumstances I found myself being presumptuous as I presented before the Lord my ideas on what the solution could be. Gently He reminded me of other situations when His Will had been infinitely and abundantly beyond mine. As the Living Bible says in Ephesians 3:20, His mighty power --- is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of ---
I went on to my Daily Light reading, and was confronted by the words of Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
Amen! Your will be done, Lord. Oh, puny mortals that we are, thinking we are wise, and that we have the answers when we demand our wilful way, but in His hands is the safest place to be, waiting and watching, asking His guidance, allowing Him to direct our steps, and accepting that His hidden agenda will be revealed as time goes by. Some of the most profound words of the King James Version of the Bible are “And it came to pass --”
I will always trust in You, and in Your mercy, and shall rejoice in Your salvation. Psalm 13:5
And I will sing to the Lord for He has blessed us so richly.

No comments: