Monday, April 2, 2012

Hallelujah! What Delight!

What can be more delightful than being set free?
I received a text message from my brother-in-law that read “Hip Hip Hurray” and went on to say that my sister-in law had been released from hospital after surgery for cancer. Chemo lies ahead but for now they rejoice that the wounds, both internal and external are healing so amazingly well. “The big one,” he said, “about a foot long, has healed quicker than a scratch I may have sustained at golf.”
I will say “Hallelujah!” when they realise the Lord is calling, and provides healing and release from fear.
Another sister-in-law has also undergone surgery and is examining her options as chemo, radium and other long term treatments challenge the months ahead. There too is the evidence to me of answered prayer, but they have not yet realised the significance of being given multiple chances to recognise the one who holds out the gift of perfect healing. If they will believe, and acknowledge dependence on Him they can be set free from the tears and worries of this life knowing that pain is temporary.
If this sounds blasé and uncaring it is not meant to be. I remember saying to someone once that we are all heading to death, but the problem is we don’t all know what lies ahead after death. The response was that it was all very well, but I was not in their position. True, and I have yet to face the final moments, but I know whom I have believed and am convinced that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.
At my age, so many friends, family and acquaintances look more to the years behind than the ones ahead, for those that have gone are more than those that remain. I rejoice with those who know where they are going, for Hallelujah! What delight lies ahead into eternity.
I continue to lift in prayer, with my heart crying out, the lost, the imprisoned, the unconcerned, that eyes will be opened, ears unstopped, hearts challenged and minds opened to receive the message of Love proclaimed this season. A price was paid for each one of us, and a gift of eternal life held out to those who are willing to receive it. I have said “Thank you, Lord,” and perhaps that is why Psalm 147 gave rise to my musings.
Hallelujah! Yes, praise the Lord! How good it is to sing His praises! How delightful, and how right! (Psalm 147:1 TLB)

No comments: