Wednesday, February 2, 2011

In His Faithfulness we can Trust

Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies. (Psalm 36:5 NIV)

Random thoughts remind me of God’s faithfulness. Here we are at the beginning of the 2nd month of the “New” year, and I wonder how we are doing if we were brave enough to make those special resolutions that seemed so attainable in the midst of all the celebrations. Are you keeping those promises you made to yourself?
Isn’t it wonderful that God doesn’t make new resolutions, but He is the same, yesterday, today and forever?  
Frances L Hess wrote about God’s faithfulness, and a copy of one poem is on the wall near my bed.
God’s faithfulness we’ve known throughout the years,
His oneness with us in our joys and tears;
So many times the Lord has helped us through,
Has answered prayer and given strength anew;
To God our voice in gratitude we raise
And for His every blessing give Him praise.
We are in a new month, open for the Lord’s leading. He may be calling you; He may be equipping you for a new work; He may want to revive your flagging faith.
New every morning is the love
Our wakening and uprising prove;
Through sleep and darkness safely brought,
Restored to life and power and thought.

New mercies, each returning day,
Hover around us while we pray;
New perils past, new sins forgiven,
New thoughts of God, new hopes of heaven.
Words that have refreshed me through the years. And always we can find confirmation in the Psalms.

I will praise You, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders.
I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to your Name, O Most High.
(Psalm 9:1-2 NIV)

No comments: