Monday, February 28, 2011

Making the Most Important Thing the Most Important.

Do you know the Most Important Thing?
I was walking on a beach in Hornsea, East Yorkshire, England. The waves were shimmering silver in the early morning mist as I watched the ebb and flow. I had been in conversation with Eternal Father, strong to save, whose arm doth bind the restless wave, and had wondered whether He had heard my pleas. Some time previously during the upheaval in my life, I had confessed that I had made a mess of my life, and needed Him to take over. I had asked Him to save me from eternal damnation, and also to save my marriage. My marriage was over, so the answer had been “No.”
Was I truly saved?
There, in the glow of the rising sun, and in the solitude of that early morning, God spoke into my heart. I was as aware of His presence as if He walked beside me, but actually He was closer than that. I knew, fully and irrevocably that whether I walked through wind and storm in Africa, or scuffed bare feet through the ripples of the North Sea, whether I was high in the sky over the world’s continents, or on a crowded street full of nameless faces, He was with me and would never leave me or forsake me. He was closer than the air I breathe.
30 years have passed since that day, but I can testify to His Presence and provision every step of the way.
To know Him is as simple as ABC.
Acknowledge that you are not good. Admit your weaknesses.
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and the promise of John 3:18 Whoever believes in Him is not condemned but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
Confess your need of Him in your life. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the Cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. (Hebrews 12:2,3)
If we Confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
Decide to follow Him.
I have decided to follow Jesus. Have you?

No comments: