Monday, December 6, 2010

Daily Delights

Sunday.
An oxymoron of my father comes to mind, "When everything in your favour is against you" -
 I add to it, then look for the blessing.
Psalm 119:71 - It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. (or precepts).
I lost my car keys! Nothing new there really, it has happened many times before, in higher or lesser degrees of panic. This time though, was like a conversation with the Lord, teaching me valuable lessons.
1. Distractions are not always from the enemy, the Lord may be looking for a gap.
2. God uses agents and instruments to draw our attention or to meet a need.
3, His miracles are not always of the spectacular or earth shaking forms, but often in the simple and mundane.
4. When God wants us to know He loves us, and to remind us we are his family, He does it in His time and His way. For just as He sends rain and snow to refresh the ground, so He takes opportunity to refresh us.
5. Two supposed negatives can add up to a Plus.
6. Senior moments do not escape His notice, and He uses them.
7. He is Jehovah Jireh, my provider.

Monday.
The day started with much encouragement, for I was reminded that it is God who works in me to will and do His good will.
Isn't it exciting to know that no matter what the day holds, He holds it and will guide us through.
Don't you love 2 Corinthians 3:5? When I can acknowledge with Paul that God is in control, I can stop questioning Him about my own inadequacies and whether He really wants me to keep on keeping on. I can know that it isn't a competence in myself that will achieve His purposes but my competence comes from God.Then I can continue in the hope that someone, somewhere, receives a word of encouragement for their day, as I did for mine.
Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant - not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:4-6
I want to be His instrument of challenge to grow in hope, faith and understanding. I want to confront scoffers, unbelievers and sceptics, some of whom I know and love so dearly, and others who may stumble across my words.
All I can do is my best as equipped by God, but the work is not mine.
Just as a musician plays what has been set forth by the composer, so I want to work through the Word given by my God, and submit it to Him in love.
John 6:44-51
"No one can come to me (Jesus) unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the Prophets; 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from Him comes to me. No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. I am the bread of life. Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

No comments: