Saturday, November 13, 2010

Not Ashamed

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes; first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. (Romans 1:16) I do sometimes feel ashamed of myself though, when I have been unable to make it clear to loved ones; to be the one who would help them understand the urgency of the message of the Gospel, the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Then I remind myself that God hears my prayers, and it is not His will that any should be lost. The time will come ...
We are living in the last days, and there will be scoffers, even some we know and love, but The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting any to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. (2.Peter 3:9)
I have an urgency in my heart, and I am in the process of putting together some words that I trust will lead to better understanding, so - watch this space!
Who am I writing for? Who is listening out there? I trust the Lord will lead and reveal, for the work is not mine, it is His. I want to be His instrument, and while He is tuning me, I will continue practising, and praising Him for He hasn't finished with me yet.
I trust we will exalt His Name together!

No comments: